Objective: Exceed the Vancourite-hipster threshold by building a fixed-gear bicycle using bamboo and carbon fibre.
- Constructing a frame jig to allow freedom around joints for carbon-fibre layup
- Accounting for the non-uniformity of bamboo poles at the frame lugs
- Maintaining compatibility with standard bicycle components
- Ensuring the frame is treated for typical"Wet" Coast weather
- First Prize - Hand Tools Only Instructables Contest
- First Prize - Teach It! Instructables Contest, Sponsored by Dremel
For a detailed step-by-step guide, head over to my Instructable.