Objective: Develop an algorithm to generate haikus using song lyrics.
Motivation: Because computational linguistics are cool.
- Scrapes Virgin Radio’s broadcast history to find recently played songs
- Creates a song-based haiku queue in Google Sheets
- Generates a haiku using the queue as a reference and posts it on Twitter
- Checks for new tweets every 5 minutes and generates a relevant haiku, if requested
- Finds all song lyrics from Lyrics Wikia
- Runs on a Raspberry Pi
- Formulaically counting syllables
- Developing a context-free language model
- Creating phrases that actually make sense
Framework: Python 2.7.9
Interested about the development of @thehaikuza? Follow it on The Making of Project Haikuza: Part 1!