Posted on September 9, 2020   ·   6 min read   ·   # comments   ·   #woodworking
Back in 2018, we decided to raise chickens in our urban backyard, all in the name of being able to have fresh eggs every morning. Our city had bylaws on having chickens, which included: A maximum of 4 hens (no roosters), 4 months or older Ducks, turkeys, or other livestock are not allowed Eggs, meat, and manure cannot be used for commercial purposes Backyard slaughtering is not allowed Since we were fortunate enough to have access to a backyard at the time, we decided to build a coop and start the lifestyle of having easy access to fresh eggs.
Posted on November 13, 2016   ·   1 min read   ·   # comments   ·   #woodworking
Phone stands are something that seem a little unnecessary, but once you have one then you’ll wonder how your desk lived without one. I’m a firm believer in having a dedicated place for everything as a solution to keep things tidy, so making a phone stand for my desk at work just made sense. I started off on Google to look for existing designs I could imitate, but most fell short of not fitting my aesthetic needs.
Posted on October 22, 2016   ·   3 min read   ·   # comments   ·   #woodworking
It’s generally known that cheap tools are usually not worth the trouble, but the deal on this bandsaw was simply too hard to pass up. With only a missing table, it was merely a quick woodworking project away from restoring its full functionality.
Posted on June 1, 2016   ·   2 min read   ·   # comments   ·   #woodworking
My family moved into a new house, meaning that we finally have an actual garage instead of a measly carport. But what this really means is that I get a chance to claim space to set up an actual workshop! First project was naturally a workbench, which I put together using 2x4’s and a 3/4" MDF board for the work surface (see above). Second project was a bench stool, as shown in the following images below.
Posted on December 18, 2015   ·   4 min read   ·   # comments   ·   #woodworking
As you probably already know, I made a bamboo bike which I’m very proud of. However, what you probably don’t know is that I made some mistakes in the process. The photo above shows the result of one of these progress speedbumps, and yes, I did indeed cry the day I had to cut those tubes out. I started this project in November 2013 but failed to finish due splitting bamboo.
Objective: Exceed the Vancourite-hipster threshold by building a fixed-gear bicycle using bamboo and carbon fibre. Challenges: Constructing a frame jig to allow freedom around joints for carbon-fibre layup Accounting for the non-uniformity of bamboo poles at the frame lugs Maintaining compatibility with standard bicycle components Ensuring the frame is treated for typical"Wet" Coast weather Awards: First Prize - Hand Tools Only Instructables Contest First Prize - Teach It!